8/18/11

Reading Challange: Day 2 week 2

What a week!
I´m currently in Brazil visiting my family after 14 years.
I thought that I´d have plenty of time here to sit back and read.
I brought all of my Hiragana Times magazines.
I thought wrong.
I´m used to a quiet home but here it´s full of life, (not to mention noise).

My family wants my attention every second of the day.
And when their not I´m taking a nap.
I love that here everyone takes naps.
Of course I´m putting my family first.
I´m enjoying spending time with each of them,
but I alo realize that 2 weeks without ANY Japanese will hurt my progress greatly.

My family loves to watch novelas.
So I take the chance to read.
There was some topics I read about in the magazine.

Sign Language
There is a musical playing Tokyo that is using Japanese sign language.
I thought it really cool that they´re making more entertainment for a different demograph.

Exhibitions, babysitting, kimono book, baseball
I read it for practice but I wasnt interested in it.

Little Star
There was an article about a growing star named Ashida Mana.
It was interesting because she seems mature for her age.
I want to watch the shows she´s been in now.

Joshikai
I really dont understand this phenomenon.
Its basically women hanging out, eating, shopping, and chatting without men around.
Its a boom these days and women seem to be happy without the company of men.
Um... women have always hung out together. So why do they act like it´s something new...
Someone please explain it to me.ta
I think it´s just companies trying make something up to make more money.
i.e valentine´s day

I sadly don´t have a dictionary with me, so I can´t look up the words I´m reading.
I can´t have the interent on all day either. I think i´m missing out alot because of this.

I´ve been taking my time reading each sentence.
Pausing at particles, because I tend to fly through without much thought.
Now I´m paying attention to each part I read.
I´ve also noted sentences that end with a noun. A grammar point I´ve been studying in
my lessons.
I´ve also payed attention to easy phrases made more complicated.

I read 9 pages, but one was too short so I will count it as 0.1.
9=4.1pts. 3+4.1=7.1 pts in total.

 

3 comments:

  1. Jiseriさん、はじめまして。
    ざっちーと言います。よろしく。
    I joined the challenge about a week ago and have made tremendous progress. I finished a novel in about a week, which, came as a great surprise because usually it takes me months to finish one since my reading habits are very poor.
    I'm currently 50 pages into my second novel, and it appears to be slightly more difficult to read than the previous. I hope it gets a little easier to comprehend as I get further along.
    俺たち、これからもっと頑張っていこうよね!!
    Hope you're having a good time in Brazil!
    バイバイキンマン : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ザッチーさん、
    コメントをありがとうございます。
    I'm so happy you joined the challenge too. ^^
    Wow, good job! I think having others doing the same as you helps to motivate to get stuff done.
    頑張ってね

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting down to read is really hard <(-_-). Especially when so much is going on in life. Even so, it's great that you did read! Especially on vacation, it's hard to keep disciplined.

    I've heard about that musical. I wish there was a YouTube recording of it!

    ReplyDelete