3/12/12

春休みチャレンジ

Spring vacation felt like it was never gonna come!

Even though it is only a week I still think it would be a good time
to do a self-challenge.
In my first challenge I focused on speaking.
Even though it is still my weakest point, 
I want to focus on something else.
This time I want to focus on my second weak point: Kanji

When I first started studying Japanese I learned Kanji pronunciation when 
it is written as a word. I never learned on-yomi or kun-yomi readings.
Learning the readings is important so I want to go back to square one.
I hope that by doing this I can figure out how to pronounce a word when I see it.
I also hope to learn more of the radicals.
I want to be able to enjoy more of written Japanese.


What I plan to do:


I will use the script and manga section of Erin's Challenge for readings, and
to see how well I can follow the audio speed.


I will create a kanji deck on anki to review the kanji I've studied. 
I will be making sure to write an entry in my journal everyday. No matter how short.
I will focus on reading from one book or article for this challenge. 
I will use Genki Kanji book as my main resource.


I might add and remove material as I go along.


I haven't found the best method for me to study so this will be a good opportunity for me. 


Are you doing a spring break challenge?
Do share!



1 comment:

  1. Still finishing my winter kanji challenge, haha. I'm almost done! I'm actually cutting it short. Just changing my unfinished deck from J-E to J-J. Then maybe I'll start a mid-semester challenge to last until the semester is over.

    頑張ってね! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete