5/15/13

My April Fun Study Materials


April was a very busy month for me because of school, so I didn't do any focus studying for Japanese. I did not have the time to sit down and study grammar, kanji, etc. I thought I wasn't doing anything Japanese, but I realized it's because I immersed so much that it feels normal. I really enjoy listening to drama CDs now and podcasts. I love having it in the background. I can understand a little more of the dialog each time. 

1. What are you watching?

One of my favorite English shows, "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" has been dubbed into Japanese. I watch it live and raw every Monday when it airs in Japan. Since I know the plot I don't have any need for subs.    

2. What are you listening to?

I got my hands on the Saiunkoku Monogatari fan book which comes with a drama CD. I believe the book has the tracks scripts written down, but I have not looked into it. The first track is really hilarious with all the main characters. The second track is very sad and I cry each time I listen to it. I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but I am guessing a death. 


I also listen to Daily Audio Bible Japan podcast. I have mentioned it before but I will mention it again. It's definitely different time of listening material. The drama CDs are pure entertainment and voice acting, but this podcast is an audio book. It's short and sweet and I can guess which story they're reading from the Bible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment