5/20/13

Manga: Saiunkoku Experience

Right after I finished reading Hakuoki I resumed reading Saiunkoku.




Day 1.5
I read 15 pages. It was really fun to read.
 I also understood when Ran says 
"The second meaning of the flower is 'protect my flower', meaning Shurei".
This felt like a huge achievement because it is an abstract idea.
I usually can only understand when speaking about physical things. For example, she went to the store and bought coffee. 


 



Day 1.6
I broke my days streak!
Read 10 pages.
I have less than 20 pages left to read.
I feel like I'm understanding more and more, bits and pieces.
This time it was about Ryuki receiving a gift for the first time.



 


Day 1.7
Read 7 pages of Saiunkoku. 
Understanding more and more.


Day 1.8
Read 18 of Saiunkoku. 
I finished it!
I can't believe it!
I remember when I first started it. 
It was stressful and tiring. 
It was so hard to read just 2 pages. 
And I didn't fully understand. 
Now what should I read? Wah I still can't believe I finished it >\\\<


Day 1.9
New manga!
I Had a hard time choosing between Hakuoki and Saiunkoku. 
I want to read them both!
But I figured Reimeroku has less volumes but... Maybe I should read DBZ? 


薄桜鬼黎明録vol②
Read 12 pages
Quickly got into it. 
Really must start transcribing. 


Day 1.10
Read 18 pages
It's not a chore to sit down and read anymore. I want and need to read. 
Made it to 10 days!
20 more to go!


Day 1.11
Only read 2 pages. 
Really didn't want to read. 


Day 1.12
4 pages. 
Really didn't want to read.
Going to change to Saiunkoku or sailor V.


And~ here is where my streak ended for a couple of reasons. 
Firstly, I didn't feel interested anymore.
My interests was going elsewhere. To some English entertainment. (*Le Gasp* Blasphemy!) 
Secondly, school became very busy and my grades are top priority. 
I am however very proud of my progress and how long I stuck with it. Now when I return to reading it won't feel like a challenge. It will be a habit. Next time I hope to beat my 12 day streak. 

Instead of trying to compete with other learners,  I try to beat my own personal record.


No comments:

Post a Comment