12/22/10

できるできるできる~

Yesterday I had my Japanese session with my tutor.
After taking the JLPT she has started to give me weekly quizzes.
She never did because she hated the idea.
But now that I've taken an exam and plan to take it again next year 
she figures it's good to keep practicing.

I think it's a wonderful idea.
In this way I can see what I need to review.
Especially kanji.
The quizzes she gives me are review from our first textbook.
This way I won't forget what I've learned.

She gives me 8 minutes to fill in the blank and translate into English.
This week was my first one so I hope to do better next week.
I usually dislike tests but since it's Japanese it's fun.
It gives me stepping stones and allows me to see my progress.
Nothing feels like work when it's something you love. 

We studied potential verbs. (Can do)
I finally know what できる is!
The conjugation is not difficult, 
but saying it is a bit of a tongue twister.

One thing that frustrated me was that in one of the
exercises they used the conjugation to say too much of something. 
(高すぎて
Neither my teacher or I remember learning that.
It was easy but I can't find it in my last textbook.
><

1 comment:

  1. In my Japanese 202 and 301 course, we took tests every Tuesday. It was very useful for remembering kanji! I enjoyed those tests too. テスト頑張って!

    ReplyDelete