12/18/10

Fashion words

I was skimming through a Japanese magazine (I think the magazine is called Zipper) that my friend gave me. It's interesting to see what people are into over there. Zipper is a magazine for young women that like cute unconventional style. I don't understand most of it but there were a few pages that was interesting to learn fashion vocabulary. It will be great for when I shop in Japan or talking to my friends I can be more specific.

Fur-ファー
Fur hat-ファー帽
Fur charm-ファーチャーム
Fur earmuffs-ファーイヤーマフ

Bagバッグ
Chain bagチイーンバッグ
Tote bagトートバッグ

Hat帽子
Bowler hatボーラーハット
Bell hat? ベルー帽
Cap (the kind that covers your ears) 耳あてつきキャップ

Accessories アクセ (アクセサリー)
Neck accessories まきもの
 Footwear 足もと

This made me think about when I got to Japan. 
What will my style be like?
Many people's style changes when they move because of influences.
Even if they don't really realize it.
I know that  defined will just because I'll be timid.
As of now though there is no style I'm interested in.
I don't really get Japanese style yet.
Except I do like lolita style but that's not something I can wear everyday.
But I know it will happen because I've seen many fobs change their dress as they get used to their new lives.


BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the new words! Very interesting. I have a lot of Japanese magazines too. I love looking through them.

    I can say that my style changed a lot once I met my first Japanese friend (aside from Yoshiya). She gave me lots of fashion magazines, we went clothes shopping together, and she left behind clothes for me when she went back to Japan. So, I think because of the influence of friends, your style will definitely change. I'm in love with Japanese and Korean style. Check out http://www.yesstyle.com/.

    ReplyDelete